PTL LTD – Head of Technical Solutions
An opportunity has arisen for interested candidates to join PTL Limited as a Head of Technical Solutions. Based in Malta and reporting to the Managing Director, the role will oversee the services provided by a team of systems engineers, hardware support engineers and ATM technicians, together with the related company warehouse operations.
PTL Limited is looking for a person with a mature mindset, to assist in the development and implementation of strategic plans to increase efficiency and effectiveness within the Technical Solutions department. Managing a team of experienced resources, the role will work closely with the Head of Operations and Enterprise Architecture, and Head of Business Development to develop/enhance the technology roadmap for the organisation and deliver solutions that exceed customer expectations.
- Developing the operational systems, processes and policies in support of PTL’s mission, specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business processes and organisational planning;
- Managing and increasing the effectiveness and productivity of the Technical solutions department as well as coordination and communication with other departments and other business functions;
- Assisting in the evaluation of opportunities and making recommendations to develop new lines of business;
- Provide guidance in product and vendor selection as appropriate for specific projects;
- Ensuring that technology standards and best practices are adhered to across the organization and comply with all company policies and procedures;
- Be a point of reference to the various departments in order to optimise the company’s service deliverables and be accountable for the on time and quality delivery of projects.
- Provide leadership and guidance in the provision of technical support services.
- Coaching and mentoring team members in support of continuous improvement.
PTL is a long-established IT company providing enterprise-level IT solutions in Malta and it forms part of Harvest Technology plc. PTL partners major names like IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, Lenovo, and NCR. PTL has a team of more than 60 dynamic professionals, experts in business integration, enterprise-wide solutions and contracted outsourcing. PTL’s multi-disciplinary team services a prestigious client base in Malta.PTL is an equal opportunities employer.
- Master’s level degree in Engineering, Business Administration or other ICT related fields;
- At least 6 years’ experience in leading teams of systems engineers / technicians providing technical support, or managed service to customers
- Experience in designing, implementing and documenting enterprise-level systems;
- At least 8 years hands-on experience in technical solutions delivery and project management of IT Enterprise Projects in a customer-facing environment;
- Must possess reporting, forecasting and budgeting experience;
- Solid technical background with a good understanding of different platforms and technologies related to network and systems engineering (such as Cisco Networking, Server and SAN technologies, MS Azure, Database systems, Linux environments, etc.);
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Must possess advanced time management skills, being able to prioritise and multi-task when covering multiple issues;
- Applicants with specialised technical industry certifications relevant to the role and a recognised certification in project management will be given preference.
A remuneration package commensurate to the applicant experience and ability to display aptitude shall be offered to the right candidate. Additional benefits include Health Insurance, free on-site parking facilities, scholastic sponsorships and opportunity to obtain industry certifications.
Prospective candidates should submit a detailed CV with a covering letter to [email protected] by 20th January 2021. Applications will be treated with the strictest confidence and acknowledged after closing date.