PTL Limited is seeking to recruit a Solutions Architect to join the team providing design, installation, and integration services within complex ICT solutions to augment and support its growing presence in the field of Enterprise Architecture.
Based in Malta and reporting to the Head of Operations and Enterprise Architecture, the Solutions Architect will form part of the Database & Middleware Services Team with a focus on the comprehension, delivery and support of enterprise projects for current and future customers. The Solutions Architect will provide administration, installation & maintenance support and technical advice on various products and technologies deployed by the company, whilst being sensitive to customer demands. The Solutions Architect will be instrumental in the entire life-cycle of the project from specification, to final delivery and subsequent support.
PTL is a long-established IT company providing enterprise-level IT solutions in Malta and it forms part of Harvest Technology plc. PTL partners major names like IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, Lenovo, and NCR. PTL has a team of more than 60 dynamic professionals, experts in business integration, enterprise-wide solutions and contracted outsourcing. PTL’s multi-disciplinary team services a prestigious client base in Malta.
PTL is an equal opportunities employer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other ICT-related field;
- At least 10 years hands-on experience in technical solutions delivery of IT Enterprise Projects in a customer-facing environment;
- Knowledge and basic experience in the below technology sets:
- Database Management skills in one or more of the industry-standard database management systems (such as DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Informix, MySQL, PostgreSQL);
- Application Server Technologies (such as WebSphere, Tomcat, Glassfish, Internet Information Server);
- Message Queuing (such as IBM MQ, RabbitMQ, WSO2);
- Skills in Linux at a level equivalent to LPIC-1;
- Skills in Operating Systems configuration and support.
The successful candidate is to be self-motivated with a strong work ethic, a passion for technology and a good disposition to understand real-world business challenges. Candidates who do not meet all these requirements are also encouraged to apply, as training will be provided where applicable. A valid driving licence, own means of transport and the willingness to form part of a 24×7 support team are essential.
A remuneration package commensurate to the applicant experience and ability to display aptitude shall be offered to the right candidate. Additional benefits include Health Insurance, free on-site parking facilities, scholastic sponsorships and opportunity to obtain industry certifications.
Prospective candidates should submit a detailed CV with a covering letter to [email protected] Applications will be treated with the strictest confidence and acknowledged after closing date. Two employer references may be requested at second interview phase.