An opportunity has arisen for interested candidates to join PTL Ltd as an ATM Technician to take responsibility for operations and maintenance of customer electro-mechanical machines. .
PTL is a long-established IT company providing enterprise-level IT solutions in Malta and it forms part of Harvest Technology plc. PTL partners major names like IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, Lenovo, and NCR. PTL has a team of more than 70 dynamic professionals, experts in business integration, enterprise-wide solutions and contracted outsourcing. PTL’s multi-disciplinary team services a prestigious client base in Malta, Europe and Africa. PTL is an equal opportunities employer.
Based in Malta, the chosen candidate will be responsible for installing, configuring and supporting electro-mechanical equipment with a focus on ATMs and cheque processing equipment. The successful candidate will work within a team to provide on-site support, perform preventive maintenance and troubleshoot issues using specialised tools. They will also participate in knowledge-sharing and quality improvement sessions and achieve the required certifications.
- Install, configure, and support electro-mechanical equipment and automation machines with a specific focus on Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) and Cheque Processing Equipment
- Perform routine preventive maintenance and calibrations on such equipment as per manufacturer recommendations
- Troubleshoot failures on equipment as per manufacturer recommendations using specialised diagnostic tools
- Extract and analyse the equipment’s logs
- Determine the most cost-effective repairs and resolution tasks to minimise machine downtime
- Replace and repair modules as necessary
- Actively participate in knowledge-sharing and quality improvement sessions
- Resolve and close support calls on time
The preferred candidate will possess:
- At least 1 year experience supporting mechanical or electrical equipment and/or a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (MQF Level 3)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems and Microsoft Office applications
- Must possess a valid driving licence
- Must possess a clean police conduct
- Must be willing to work flexibly out of office hours to assist customers
- Some travel may be required for training purposes
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Ability to follow operational procedures and processes
What We Offer
A remuneration package commensurate to the applicant’s experience and ability to display aptitude shall be offered to the right candidate. Additional benefits include but are not limited to health insurance, free on-site parking facilities, on-site gym, employee wellness benefit, employee assistance programme, flexible working conditions, scholastic sponsorships and opportunities to obtain industry certifications, amongst others.
Applicants must send a detailed CV with a cover letter at [email protected] Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.