An opportunity has arisen for interested candidates to join PTL Ltd as a Hardware Support Engineer to support and maintain the hardware infrastructures of our growing customer base.
Based in Malta, the chosen candidate will be part of the Technical Solutions team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available IT architectures that meet business objectives and SLAs. The role involves implementing new solutions, supporting and improving current environments, configuring and installing various hardware devices, components, and services, perform hardware maintenance and cable management.
- Provide level 1 / Level 2 hardware support on PCs, servers, storage equipment, and network devices
- Install, configure, test and maintain PCs, servers, and storage equipment
- Perform firmware upgrades and updates
- Provide support to the team in conducting preventive maintenance of equipment
- Monitor hardware performance
- Ensure system availability and reliability
- Assist with the racking and physical networking/cabling of equipment
- Assist with the laying, tracing and termination of cables
- Create and maintain hardware, racking, and/or cabling documentation
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem identification, diagnosis, and problem resolution
PTL is a long-established IT company providing enterprise-level IT solutions in Malta and it forms part of Harvest Technology plc. PTL partners major names like IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, Lenovo, and NCR. PTL has a team of more than 70 dynamic professionals, experts in business integration, enterprise-wide solutions and contracted outsourcing. PTL’s multi-disciplinary team services a prestigious client base in Malta.
The preferred candidate will possess at least 1 year of hands-on experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting hardware issues focusing on any of the following: Servers, PCs, Storage equipment and Network devices. Experience with physical networking, cable laying, tracing, and termination will be considered an asset.
Education and Experience:
- Recognised technical qualification (Lenovo, IBM or equivalent) or an MQF level 4 diploma
- At least 1-year of experience with IT hardware installations and maintenance
- Experience with cabling laying and termination
- Ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot hardware installations such as PCs, servers, storage equipment, and/or network devices
In addition to an attractive remuneration package commensurate to the applicant’s experience, PTL offers an exciting working environment with a collaborative culture. Additional benefits include Health Insurance, free on-site parking facilities, a mobile telephony plan & certification sponsorships.
Prospective candidates should submit a detailed CV with a cover letter to [email protected] Applications will be treated with the strictest confidence and acknowledged after the closing date.