An opportunity has arisen for interested candidates to join PTL Ltd as a Network Engineer to design, implement, maintain, and support the network infrastructures of our growing customer base.
PTL is a long-established IT company providing enterprise-level IT solutions in Malta and it forms part of Harvest Technology plc. PTL partners major names like IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, Lenovo, and NCR. PTL has a team of more than 70 dynamic professionals, experts in business integration, enterprise-wide solutions and contracted outsourcing. PTL’s multi-disciplinary team services a prestigious client base in Malta, Europe and Africa. PTL is an equal opportunities employer.
Based in Malta, the chosen candidate will be part of the Technical Solutions team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available IT architectures that meet business objectives and SLAs.
The role involves designing and implementing new solutions and improving the resilience of current environments, configuring and installing various network devices and services, and performing network maintenance and system upgrades. The chosen candidate will monitor performance, ensure system availability and reliability, monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning, and provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Resolve and close network support calls in a timely and efficient manner
- Maintain and monitor selected customer network infrastructure
- Install, configure, test, and maintain network infrastructures
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies, applying best industry practices
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of network infrastructure systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support on networks
- Liaise with vendors, other IT personnel and other teams for problem resolution
- Assist in presale functions by furnishing the technical components to a potential opportunity
- Create and maintain network documentation
The preferred candidate will possess:
- At least an MQF level diploma in IT, CCNA certification, or equivalent recognized technical qualifications
- 2 years of experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting network infrastructures
- Experience in the administration and performance tuning of network infrastructures
- Knowledge of monitoring systems
- Hands-on experience with managed routers, firewalls, and switches
- Good command of network protocols and services, such as IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS, WAN, Access Control Lists
- Solid understanding of the OSI and TCP/IP models
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Ability to follow operational procedures and processes
- Ability to perform adequate research for issue resolution
What We Offer
A remuneration package commensurate to the applicant’s experience and ability to display aptitude shall be offered to the right candidate. Additional benefits include but are not limited to health insurance, free on-site parking facilities, on-site gym, employee wellness benefit, employee assistance programme, flexible working conditions, scholastic sponsorships and opportunities to obtain industry certifications, amongst others.
Applicants must send a detailed CV with a cover letter at [email protected]. Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.