An opportunity has arisen for interested candidates to join PTL Ltd as a Senior Network Engineer to design, implement, maintain, and support the network infrastructures of our growing customer base.
Based in Malta, the chosen candidate will be part of the Technical Solutions team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available IT architectures that meet business objectives and SLAs.
The role involves designing and implementing new solutions and improving the resilience of current environments, configuring and installing various network devices and services, and performing network maintenance and system upgrades. The chosen candidate will monitor performance, ensure system availability and reliability, monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning, and provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Design network infrastructures
- Provide consultancy and advice on network infrastructures
- Resolve and close 3rd level support calls in a timely and efficient manner
- Mentor junior staff
- Maintain and monitor selected customer network infrastructures
- Install, configure, test, and maintain network infrastructures
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Maintain security and redundancy strategies, applying best industry practices
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Liaise with vendors, other IT personnel and other teams for problem resolution
- Assist in presale functions by furnishing the technical component to a potential opportunity
- Keep yourself up-to-date with emerging technologies and specialized product features
- Achieve and maintain industry-specific certifications on the subject matter as required
- Deliver within time, cost, and quality parameters set out by the project management team
- Create and maintain network documentation
Education & Experience
The preferred candidate will possess:
- At least an MQF level degree in IT, CCNP certification or equivalent recognized technical qualifications
- 5 years of experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting network infrastructures
- Experience in the administration and performance tuning of network infrastructures
- Experience in monitoring networking equipment and services
- Hands-on experience on enterprise networks, including routing, switching, firewalling, and wireless
- Familiarity with SD-Access or SD-WAN
- Comprehensive knowledge of network protocols such as IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS and VPN
- Extensive knowledge of the OSI and TCP/IP models
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
In addition to an attractive remuneration package commensurate to the applicant’s experience, PTL offers an exciting working environment with a collaborative culture. Additional benefits include Health Insurance, free on-site parking facilities & certification sponsorships.
Prospective candidates should submit a detailed CV with a covering letter to [email protected] Applications will be treated with the strictest confidence and acknowledged after the closing date.